Academic competencies (name and country of completion): PhD.; Master; Undergraduate
- Higher Education Instruction, Ed.D., Florida International University, Miami, Florida, USA
- TESOL, M.S., Florida International University, Miami, Florida, USA
- International Relations, B.A., University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Professional skills (current and relevant) at most 3 bullets.
- Professor of ESL and Linguistics, Miami Dade College, Miami, Florida, USA
- Reviewer and Test-Item Developer for College Board, ACCUPLACER-ESL Tests, USA
- Textbook author and editor, Cengage Learning, USA
Research or outstanding achievement obtained.
- U.S. Department of Education grant recipient: Project ACE: Accelerated Content-based English
- Miami Dade College Endowed Teaching Chair award recipient for excellence in teaching, Citibank
- TESOL International Association award recipient: Virginia French Allen Award for Scholarship and Service